KENNETH (KEN) WATERS, AACI, P. APP.
Ken is a designated member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, holding the Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI, P.App.) designation in 2003
- The Canadian Ecological Gifts Program: Appraisal Workshop Seminar (2016)
- Completed all required educational courses and practical work to achieve AACI designation (2003)
- Appraisal and Assessment Diploma from Lakeland College, Vermilion, Alberta (1993)
- 2019 joined Colliers International’s Valuation & Advisory Services
- 2017 until 2018 Formed Waters Commercial Appraisal Inc.
- 2011 & 2014 Qualified, testified as expert witness Court of Queen’s Bench, Alberta
- 2007 Formed Waters Mackie Valuations Inc.
- 2003 Senior partner with Anderson Preece & Associates Inc.
- 1999 Partner with Anderson Preece & Associates Inc.
- 1998 Senior agricultural appraiser with Anderson Preece & Associates Inc.
- 1997 Began employment with Anderson Preece & Associates Inc.
- 1994 to Assessor with private property assessment company in northern Alberta and Saskatchewan
- 1993 Property tax assistant with Canadian National Rail – Real Estate Division
Ken has performed thousands of agricultural, commercial, recreational and residential appraisals in Central Alberta. Formerly an accredited assessor, he has also performed thousands of property assessments in Alberta. Mr. Waters began his employment with Anderson Preece & Associates Inc. in 1997 and opened Anderson Preece’s first branch office in March 2000 in Rocky Mountain House. He continued to manage the Rocky office until he purchased it with partner Chris Mackie in early 2007.
In 2017, Ken created Waters Commercial Appraisals Inc (WCA). WCA focuses exclusively on agricultural and ICI (industrial, commercial, and investment) appraisal assignments.
In 2019, Ken joined Colliers International’s Valuation & Advisory team, allowing the benefits of an international brand and local expertise to become available in Central Alberta.
- Appraisal Institute of Canada (member number 800198)
- Central Alberta and Calgary Real Estate Boards
- Real Estate Council of Alberta – licensed appraiser