Kenneth (Ken) Waters began his real estate appraisal career in 1997, with Anderson Preece & Associates, becoming a partner in 1998. Ken obtained the Appraisal Institute of Canada’s Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) Professional Appraiser (P. App.) designation in 2003 and has continuously been a member in good standing. Ken is a Licensed Appraiser through the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA).
In 2007, Waters Mackie Valuations Inc. (WMV) was formed, taking over Anderson Preece Appraisals (APA) offices in Rocky Mountain House, Sylvan Lake, and Lacombe. In August 2017, Waters Mackie closed.
In 2017, Ken created Waters Commercial Appraisals (WCA) to focus solely on providing agricultural and investment / commercial / industrial (ICI) real estate appraisals. Operating from Sylvan Lake allows WCA to effectively serve all of Central Alberta’s cities, towns and counties. Ken closed WCA at the end of 2018 to join the Colliers team.
Since joining Colliers International’s Valuation & Advisory Services team in 2019, Ken continues to offer local appraisal services, while being backed behind a recognized, international brand.
Through decades of appraisal experience in Central Alberta, Ken has local knowledge and depth of experience that is available for your real estate appraisal needs. Clientele ranges from property owners, to perspective purchasers/investors and from realtors to mortgage brokers, mortgage lenders and government organizations to accountants and lawyers. This clientele utilizes Ken’s services for any of the following reasons:
- Litigation Support
- Financial Planning
- Asset valuation for purchase and sale
- Mortgage financing
- “As complete” appraisals for proposed or partially completed properties
- Taxation– IFRS, Canada Revenue Agency
- Partnership dissolution or purchase
- Historical valuations
- Estates – Executors, Probate, Canada Revenue Agency
- Replacement Cost for Insurance
- Hourly consulting
Colliers International, Valuation & Advisory Services offers local knowledge, availability once reports are completed, and timely report completion time year-round over a variety of property types that include:
- agricultural lands and buildings
- from grazing leases, to titled land, to multiple parcels\
- investment, income producing, real estate
- from multi-family developments, such as apartment, manufactured home parks, to any type of leased commercial or industrial properties
- Industrial properties
- Vacant land, warehouses, manufacturing, truck bays, single occupant buildings, multi-tenant buildings, condominium properties
- Commercial properties
- Land, retail buildings, offices, single occupant buildings, multi-tenant buildings, condominium properties
- Subdivision development
- recreational lands
- 80 acres and larger, campgrounds / RV parks
- varying property ownership estates
- from fee simple, to leased fee to leasehold and life estates